Tuesday, May 17, 2022

March 2022

March was another busy month for us.  I like to be busy and there's always a lot to do around here!  We got tickets to go to a premier showing of the Ryan Reynolds movie, The Adam Project.  It was a pretty good movie, except for too much swearing.  After the movie, they had a live question and answer session with the cast.  They were in Hollywood but live on our movie screen.



Hannah and Violet joined me for a fun adventure at the Thanksgiving Point's Curiosity Museum.  Violet loved the part where we had a little session with a mermaid!




We just spent a couple of days with Seth's family in California and then this week we got to have Kim and London stay with us for a few days.  They were here for a volleyball tournament for London.  It was fun getting to go watch her and her team play.  It's amazing how good they are!

Avalon and Eric came to watch London play too!



After the games (match?), Eric and I went to get Mexican food at a really good authentic Mexican restaurant in West Valley.  It was so good!  Eric knows some good places to eat!


St. Patrick's Day Feast!  We had a fun group over for our green day meal!  It's not authentic Irish food, but it is green!  We had Kim and London, Avalon, Kobe and his girlfriend, Becca, Meg, Eric, Ben, Hannah, Chase and Violet and us. 


Mike told some pretty funny St. Patrick's Day jokes!












I helped out at a booth for the Utah Valley Home Show at UVU, Todd's family all went skiing, I saw friends from our Salt Lake City mission at the MTC going on another mission.  Loving my MTC volunteering job on Monday mornings welcoming in senior couples who are going to serve throughout the world!



Cindi and I still try to go to lunch every week unless we are out of town.  We went to Maria Bonita's in Orem one day and we always get Diet Cokes with limes.  We shared an enchilada plate and our bill was still $20.  We were shocked that each of our drinks was $5.00! We decided we wouldn't be going there again anytime soon.  Prices have gone up on everything, but that is ridiculous.  We decided we better get a refill to go and this is what they brought us!  Hahaha!  But really, not funny! We are really starting to feel the effects of inflation!



But, hey, life is still good and according to this, we are doing well!
I am grateful for the little things and the big things!  I truly feel blessed in spite of all that's going on in our world.  No matter what, I can always find things to be grateful for!

Here's my fun little goat/chicken girl! I'm thankful that she loves to come to Grammy and Papa's house and we always have a fun time!

I guess that's a sheep!



We took Ellie "L", Reese and Violet to see the local Lehi Arts production of The Little Mermaid.  One of the boys in our Sunday School class, Owen Greenhalgh was Prince Eric.  It was really cute and the girls had a fun time.

Mike is going to the temple once a week and I try to go with him at least twice a month.  We went to Mt. Timpanogas and it's beginning to look like Spring!


I started volunteering at Thanksgiving Point and one of my first assignments was to help wax the statues of the Savior in the Light of the World Statue Garden!  I loved it!  I love those statues so much and especially love the picture I took a couple of years ago with Violet and Jesus.




Ashton Gardens, Early Spring 2022


Our grandson, Carter, is serving a mission in Atlanta and we are so proud of him!  We love hearing from him in his group emails each week.  He's learning Spanish by immersion and his experiences are pretty funny.  He's a great sport about all of the missionary life stuff!



Our relief society had a fun activity called, "This is Me."  It was based around the Greatest Showman movie and the committee even did a choreographed song for our entertainment!  I did a little display about me as well as a lot of other sisters too.  It was a fun evening.  





This pretty much sums me up; decorating, eating, reading, Mike, kids, grandkids, missions, beachlife, travel, and of course my love of the Savior!

I love when I find hearts in food and nature!  March was a good month!  Excited for April!

No comments: