I love May! It's my birthday month and Mother's Day so it's kind of my month anyway, but I love it also because it's the month when summer is almost here but it's still spring and not so blasted hot and everything is in bloom! It's gorgeous and I love it!
Hannah, Violet and I went to the Tulip Festival, I just can't get enough of it! It has evolved so much since the first time I went!
I had another closing this week! May 3rd, Anna and Jordan Dudley finally closed on their brand new home in Eagle Mountain. It took 15 months from start to finish for this new build but it was worth it! They lived with Anna's parents, our friend's Peter and Rhonda Feuz, and were able to save a lot of money and the builder didn't increase their price so they closed with $140,000 worth of equity!! It's their first home and I am so happy I was able to help them with their dream! Being a realtor is a pretty great job! I really love helping people get just the right home. It is really a good feeling helping with the biggest purchase most people will ever make!
 |
| Jordan works out of town all week so Anna did all the signing for both of them! |

|
Another beautiful painting by Marissa! Anna was thrilled!
I wish them all the best! They were wonderful to work with and I think they are going to love their new home and community so much! It was such a pleasure working with Shawn from Flagship Homes, Mindy from Security National Mortgage, and GT Title. They all made my job a lot easier. I really admire Flagship Home's integrity for not raising their prices in a market when a lot of builders did. Shawn was a good sport and was so patient with all of my weekly calls and texts about the progress of the home. I'm sure he was happy when we closed! I brought him a dozen cookies from Twisted Sugar as a thank you!
Our weekly Sunday dinner tradition with Eric and Hannah is still going strong. We invite extended family for special occasions but it's the smaller group on most normal Sundays. We take turns having it at each other's homes and with fixing the meals. It's such a good way to see each other on a regular basis and to not have to cook every Sunday! We love it! I'm pretty sure this was on Mother's Day! I didn't get any other pictures. I guess I was busy enjoying my day! I got 4 bouquets of flowers and a gift card for a massage! I also got a lot of texts and phone calls that meant a lot to me!

We got to go to a wonderful Millennial Choir and Orchestra Concert at Abravenal Hall in Salt Lake City. Bob and Melissa's daughter, Marin, is singing in the choir this year. It was incredible! They have singers from age 4 up to older adults and an amazing orchestra. The songs are so beautifully arranged and the conductors have so much energy that rubs off on their choirs, orchestra and audience! It was a combination of religious LDS hymns and secular pieces from Lion King and other fun and serious pieces. Seriously one of the best concerts we have been to!
|


After the concert, we drove up to Kaysville for a graduation party for granddaughter Emmy and her husband, Austin. They both graduated from Utah State University! Steve and Jenny came out for it and we got to have a nice visit with them at the party. Emmy will be teaching 3rd Grade next year in an elementary school that is across the street from their rental home and Austin will be doing the MBA program at USU.
Steve and Jenny were looking in the graduation program and saw a picture of Todd with a write up about him being selected as teacher of the year for the Huntsman School of Business at USU! We are certainly proud of him for that!
I did something out of my comfort zone and signed up for a one-time self-defense class that one of our mortgage lenders was offering. I was by far the oldest one there and it was hard (I could only do about half of the stuff they taught) but I feel like I got some good information. It was presented by Smart Defense, which is a foundation that Elizabeth Smart started. I am so inspired by her story!
I'm going to post one more fun visit to Ashton Gardens Tulip Festival just because every time I went with a different group the flowers were different. More blooms on some things and less on others. The trees were also leafing out more each time I went. I went again on Thursday of the same week as I went with Hannah and Violet with Louise, James, Vera, Louise's sister, and Becca. I had to work the cart rentals so I just got them all in on our grandparents pass and let them explore while I worked. They really enjoyed it!
I went one final time with my friend Carol Sessions. We had lunch at Jersey Mike's prior to going and then had a lovely time in the gardens. She had never been so it was a treat for her. Her husband, Bruce, is an artist and sculptor so she especially loved the Light of the World statues of the Savior!
 |
| The official Thanksgiving Point Tulip! |
See why I never get tired of going?
Jaxon was going to be running in a mile race and also playing in a soccer tournament in Logan, so I decided to head up for a couple of days to see that fun little family! Todd and Kimiko's new home is finally going to be started on Friday, May 20th! I'm so excited for them. We got to go to their lot and see that it is all staked out and ready for the digging to begin!
 |
| He came in second place for the 3rd grade boys! |
We watched Jordy play soccer as well. 4 year old soccer is seriously a lot like herding cats!
I didn't get to see Logan play but his team finished up this week too!
Cute little soccer stars!
On Friday, Kimiko and I did some shopping and we BBQ'd and watched a really great golf movie called The Greatest Game Ever Played! On Saturday, we went for a nice walk along the Logan River in Logan Canyon. We had lunch at an Indian Restaurant and then I headed home in the afternoon. It was a great visit! Sure blessed with an awesome family!
 |
Look at those funny, darling faces!
|
 |
| Champion rock skippers |
I got home and Mike BBq'd chicken kebabs and then we took our e-bikes for a spin. We went by a beautiful pond with some pelicans on it and a gorgeous view of Timp! I love where we live!
Sunday dinner at Eric's with Eric, Ben, Meg and us. Eric has a tortilla press so we had delicious fish tacos! We played a fun game of Scattergories after dinner! Fun group! Hannah's family missed today because they were just getting back from Chase's sister, Hannah's wedding in Cedar City.
We had a lunar eclipse on Sunday night, May 15th, 2022. The moon turned blood red. It was pretty cool!
May is turning out to be a very busy month! Going to have to split it into two posts! We are a little more than half way through the month and I'm excited for the rest of the month and then our summer vacays begin!! So excited for June!
No comments:
Post a Comment