Eric is officially a homeowner as of February 3, 2021. He signed the papers and paid his down payment and closing costs on the 2nd and it funded and recorded on Wednesday. He got the keys and started moving in on Friday!
He bought a beautiful townhome in Daybreak in South Jordan, Utah. It was a miracle that he found it and was able to purchase it quickly and smoothly. I am so happy that I got to be his realtor and his home was my first sale. I'm so grateful to Eric for his trust and confidence in me. It's a very competitive market here in Utah and it's not easy to win an offer. We submitted one offer and it was accepted!
We went to look at the house that we had scheduled a showing for and all he could think about and talk about was this one on High Crest Lane! We made an offer that night, using the negotiating tips I have learned from my broker, Diane, and other helpful agents, especially Rebecca and Jen. We offered all the right things and Eric wrote a wonderful letter to the seller about how much he loves the home and she accepted the offer! She said she loved his letter wanted him to live in her home!
We were both so surprised and happy at how right it all felt and how smoothly the transaction went. He was able to close three weeks after acceptance of his offer. It was truly miraculous and I'm so happy for Eric for making this big step in his life and for Heavenly Father and earthly angels who made this happen!
Here are some pictures from the listing. He loved all the big windows and all the light! It has three patios and a huge loft that takes up the whole 4th level. Yes! It is four floors! First is the front door, coat closet and garage. Second is the living, dining, kitchen, half bath and a patio. Third is the bedrooms, 2 baths and laundry. Fourth is the loft and a patio on each side!
He has some beautiful views of the Oquirrh Mountains to the west. Daybreak is a fabulous place to live with amazing amenities like lakes, pools, gyms, shopping, eating, running paths, parks, etc. I love it there and look forward to spending a lot of time visiting and enjoying the Daybreak life! I think he is going to love it there too!
He had a wonderful lending experience with First Colony Mortgage Company. His lender's name is Emily Walbruch and she was so attentive and helpful. He used Old Republic Title and his title officer was Callie Morgan. Her team was super helpful and we all worked hard to pull off a three-week closing!
After closing, Eric and I went shopping and he found a fridge and a washer and dryer at RC Willey. We had lunch to celebrate at a yummy Pho place in South Jordan.
He had to wait a couple of days to get his keys so that the seller could move out and clean. We met at his home on Friday, February 5th at noon. I had asked Joni, Hannah and Violet, Kale and baby Lev, Mike and Katie Prestwich to be there to surprise him. I gave him the key and he opened the door and they were all sitting on the stairs. It was fun to see him so excited to show everyone around his new home. The surprise was nearly blown when he looked up at the big window and saw Violet waving at us. I told him it was just me and Violet so he was mostly surprised! Violet discovered a "bear cave" in the guest room and had a lot of fun playing in there (the closet goes really deep and we hadn't even realized it)! We had pizza and toasted him in his new home with Martinelli’s!
Cheers to many wonderful memories in your new home, Eric!
It was such a great adventure having my first closing with my son. I am in awe of him for being at a point in his life where he can make a major purchase like this. He was fun to work with and a very excited buyer. We had a couple of anxious moments with a little anxiety that things wouldn't work out, but with faith and hard work it all worked out perfectly! I loved being a realtor for this!!




















No comments:
Post a Comment