We are doing most things differently this year, including birthdays. We can't have big groups especially since Mike's surgery, so we had Eric come to our house to celebrate his birthday with us here. We had steaks and baked sweet potatoes, salad with walnuts, feta and pomegranate seeds. It all turned out delicious. For dessert, I got three bundtlets from Nothing Bundt Cakes, yum! We have enjoyed having Eric as our only house guest for the past month or so. He is a very caring and loving person and we are especially grateful to have him as our son! Happy Birthday, Eric! I hope the year to come is your best year yet!
Thanksgiving was pretty much a repeat of Eric's birthday a few days later, except that we had turkey and all the trimmings instead of steak! We considered ordering a dinner from Harmon's, but Eric wanted to help make all the dishes and pies so he and I did it all! He got a free turkey from his work which he brined the whole night before. We stuffed it with my mom's recipe for stuffing and baked it in a cooking bag. It turned out perfectly! We also had potatoes and gravy, green bean casserole, sweet potato casserole, rolls, cran-raspberry jello salad, and pies! We made a skillet apple pie and a pumpkin pie from recipes I got from my friend, Cindi. They both turned out well. It was nice to have Mike starting to feel better. He still didn't have a lot of energy but he was able to eat with us and we are grateful he was here and not in the hospital!
We ended our Thanksgiving week with low-country boil which is always a treat. We even had crab legs in it this time!
We are thankful for so many things, especially for Mike's improving health, for an upcoming vaccine for Covid-19, for our family, friends, our home, our country, our faith, and especially for our Savior, Jesus Christ. He gave all He had including His own life so that we could have all of these blessings and so much more.
I'm grateful that Justin, Tyler, Ryan and Todd's families got together with their dad, Kevin, at Justin and Mega's home in San Antonio. I thought this picture was priceless!













No comments:
Post a Comment