Sunday, July 26, 2020

Livi's birthday, Adams Canyon Hike w/Jefferies Grandkids, July 2020

Our granddaughter, Livi, has been living in Salt Lake City (Sugar House) and working in Bountiful (at Mathnasium) for the past year.  She's decided to take a break and move to London to spend time with her parents and sister, Cecily and do some soul searching and exploring.  We are very excited for her grand adventure.  We had her over to celebrate her birthday along with some of the family.  Madison and her little guy, Jaydison, were visiting from California.  I took them to the dinosaur museum at Thanksgiving Point before the rest of the gang joined us for dinner. Later in the week, Eric and I had a fun hike with them in Adams Canyon north of Farmington.













Eric's company (Simple Nexus) provided all their employees with Jdawg dinner packs for 6, so one day he brought them over and grilled them for us in our backyard.  It was a delicious treat!


Our beautiful hike was a lot of fun but it was so hard!  It was steep, long, and very hot.  I was grateful to have Bait with us because he literally pulled me all the way up.  I was grateful to have helpers who took my hand and helped me back down.  I was so lucky to be hiking with such wonderful, kind, patient grandkids and son (and dog)!  I wouldn't have been able to do this hike without them!
















In our Come Follow Me studies this week, we were studying Alma 36 where Alma is speaking to his son, Helaman.  This chapter in the Book of Mormon is a Chiasmus, an ancient Hebrew poetic device.
It lists key words, ideas or phrases until reaching a turning point in the center, and then repeats the same phrases, ideas or key words in reverse order (from the Scripture Plus Instagram account). It is a testimony to me of the validity of the Book of Mormon as an ancient record.  Alma's words and testimony to his son is so touching and is the testimony I want to share with my own children.  Christ is real and He loves us and wants to bless us and does bless us and prosper us.  I love Him and I know we need Him in our lives. All of us in this world need Him.  He is the way, the truth, the life and light.  He is the only way back to our Father in Heaven.


No comments: