Sunday, July 19, 2020

Good Ole Summertime, Hikes, Visitors, Fires, July 4th!, July 2020


Utah has so many wonderful places to hike! I had no idea. These pics are from our hike to Heughs Canyon. We got an earlier start this week to beat the heat. Our hike pictures are beginning to look alike but it's hard not to post them because they are all so amazing!











We have had some scary fires close to where we live. One was caused by fireworks on Traverse Mountain and one was caused by lightning in Saratoga Springs. There were evacuations but luckily no homes were lost.







Our good friends, Steve and Julia Riewerts, came for a short visit while passing through on their road trip to Colorado, Mt. Rushmore, Yellowstone and other amazing stops.  We were good friends in Longmont and they now live in San Diego.


Joni, Ellie and Reese live closeby and have a pool in their neighborhood.  One day Hannah, Chase, Violet and I went over and enjoyed their company and their cool pool!




Happy Independence Day America!  I love our country and am so grateful to live here.  I love our freedom, our history, our beautiful lands, National parks and safe neighborhoods.  I am proud to be an American.

We had a cute neighborhood bike parade since this year all the celebrations were cancelled due to the corona virus.  We had our little household and Joni, Ellie and Reese over for a BBQ and the little girls enjoyed a dip in the hot tub.  Our fireworks shows were all around our neighborhood.  It was like a war zone for about an hour and a half solid!  I've never seen anything like it in all my life.  Some of our neighbors must spend thousands of dollars on fireworks.  It was cool but truthfully, it got a little overwhelming.








Chase had the brilliant idea of hanging Hannah's Brazilian hammock on our new swingset. It's a great spot to relax and just hang around!


No comments: