We have had some beautiful snowfalls so far and this was a white Christmas for us!
It was truly a winter wonderland!
December was my turn to hostess my Gourmet Gals lunch group. We had a lovely time as always! I love my gals! Desha filled in for our sick Kim LeMieux.
We broke tradition this year and opened jammies early (I had a suspicion they might want to exchange what I got them and also that they might want to wear what they got for a while instead of just getting them Christmas Eve and wearing them for a few days).
Star Wars is so big this year I thought Eric would love these, but he laughed and said thanks and exhcanged them. Hannah got some that she liked better as well. It was funny and I rolled with it!!
Eric, Hannah and I got to go to Colorado Springs and hang out with the gang there and one of the highlights was getting to see Sophie and Sadie's dance recital! So lucky to have them both at the same dance school!
Friday night we met up at Smashburger and then we spent the night at Ryan and Ali's.
On Saturday, we met for lunch and we gave Sadie an early birthday present (she's turning 5) and then went to the recital! It was so cute!
Here are our little dancing beauties:
We headed home that evening so we could be in our ward choir for the Christmas program the next day. It was great having Eric and Hannah singing in the choir!
It seems like a lot of this break revolved around delicious food and eating! I had pinned on Pinterest a recipe for chicken Madeira which Hannah saw and asked if we could make it when they got home and so we did! Turned out pretty good although not as good as Cheesecake Factory for sure! We also made Avocado Eggrolls and they were every bit as good as CF!!
Sunday night, Todd, Kimiko and Jaxon arrived! They stayed with us the first couple of nights and we loved it! Monday, we took them to the Rec Center and Jax loved the water slides and the lazy river.
We broke another tradition and had fondue early instead of on Christmas Day. It was fabulous as always!!
Tuesday was a fun day to take Jaxon sledding at Sunset Middle School.
We also made this adorable gingerbread Christmas train.
Wednesday is our temple day, so mike and I did our shift and the kids met up with the Springs gang at Casa Bonita. We went to Tyler's house after the temple and the true Christmas festivities began!





















No comments:
Post a Comment