There has been such an outpouring of love for Paul and Joni and their beautiful little girls since he was diagnosed with cancer early this year. He has always been a wonderful, loving, and special guy, but it's amazing just how much you find out about a person's character and faith when they have this kind of trail to face. I am amazed at how many people know and love Paul Moore! His influence goes way beyond my comprehension. He has touched lives everywhere he has been since his life began until now.
I am blessed and grateful that I have had the chance to know Paul for the past 25 of his 36 years. His dad, Mike and I were married in 1980 and I became Paul's stepmother (wicked?) along with his 3 brothers and sister, Melecia. From day one, I was accepted by all the Moore kids, which from my experience, seems like a miraculous thing in and of itself. Paul always respected me and made me feel like he cared about me. I am so grateful to have had so many wonderful experiences with him that have built my love and respect for him over the years.
One of the first memories I have of Paul was when he and Joel came to our Brady family reunion the summer that Mike and I got married. Every family had a color and ours was hot pink! We had all those boys and those boys wore their pink outfits with pride! (cough cough) I think that right off the bat showed immense respect for me that they would tolerate such an outrageous thing!!
Check it out! Paul has on pink shoes!! He drew the line on the pink hats!
Paul was always so good and kind and a really good example to my boys and later Hannah. He's fun and super funny and creative and just a great guy!
Here are just a few of the fun times we have had with Paul:
Our first Christmas together. Always a good sport. All the kids were!
We borrowed an RV and drove to New Mexico to take Joel to scout camp. Here's Paul coming out of a cave in Los Alamos where we were visiting David and Viera.
So proud of the fish he caught! Also proud of his Colorado sports teams!
Sledding with Joel and Eric on Cherokee Court in Niwot.
He was always so proud of his little brother and sister, Eric and Hannah!
Mike and I took Paul and Joel on a cruise to the Caribbean. So many fun memories!
Paul and Joel were both very appreciative and polite. We loved having them with us!
Paul is just about a year and a half older than Justin, so he had a big influence on all my boys lives. He, Joel and Justin were even roommates at USU for a while. I appreciate his example in my boy's lives. I know he made a difference and that they were watching him!
About five years ago, we were blessed to have Paul, Joni, and Ellie live in Longmont for 9 months as part of his training with GE. That was so awesome! We had so many good times together. Joel and Erin lived in Arvada at the time, so it was double the fun having two of our kids and their families living close by.
Pictures below from Eric's birthday and Christmas, 2010
Paul, we love you so much and are so glad that you are part of our lives! Thanks for being amazing and awesome. P.S. We are pretty thrilled and blessed to have Joni and your beautiful girls in our lives as well! You did good!! xo
1 comment:
Very nice post. He is awesome.
Post a Comment