Monday, May 12, 2014

Mother's Day, May 11, 2014

One of the best parts of Mother's Day when you have a missionary is getting to talk to them!!  We got to Skype with Hannah in Brazil today and it was the best!  She is so happy and so excited about the work down there.  She looked radiant and as beautiful as I've ever seen her.


It's hard to believe that the next time we talk to her we will have served our entire six-month mission to Boston~! 

It's been incredibly wonderful having Eric home for the past month.  We are enjoying every minute of our time with him.  Going on a mission is the best thing ever and he has grown so much in so many ways.  We are very proud of him.  Every morning we have scripture study with him and he is teaching us a lot about how to be effective missionaries.  There's so much to learn from Preach My Gospel and we are looking forward to the experiences we will have in sharing the teachings from that manual as well as from the scriptures with the people we will be working with.

Mother's Day is a perfect day to express my gratitude for my mother, Jean Brady.  I love her so much and I miss her every day.  She showed me how to be a good mom and grandmother by her love and through her example.  She stood by me through all my trials and triumphs!  I hope that she looks down now and then and smiles at who I have become.  I smile inside and out when people tell me that I remind them of her!


I'm so blessed to be a mother and a grandmother.  My Heavenly Father has entrusted me with some of His choice children for a short time and I have thoroughly enjoyed each of my kids and step-kids and now in-law kids and grandkids.  I'm not the greatest at expressing myself in words, but I love all of them with all of my heart!  I want to be the kind of mom and grandma that my mom was and I am happiest when my "quiver is full."  Happy Mother's Day to all the women in my life; my mom, my sister's, my daughter's, my daughter-in-laws, my friends, my cousins, and everyone else who influences my life.  I love you all!


No comments: