Sunday, September 16, 2012

Summer Vacation to Southern Colorado, July 2012

For our summer vacation, Eric thought it would be fun to see some of Colorado that he and Hannah hadn't been to before.  So, we decided to take a trip south to the Royal Gorge (Mike hadn't been there), the Great Sand Dunes National Monument, Durango, and Mesa Verde.  We left home and drove to Canon City and arrived at the Royal Gorge around 10:30 am.  We rode the gondola across the gorge, and tried not to be too scared as we looked waaay down!  


We rode the incline railway down to the
bottom of the gorge.

Eric, Hannah, and I rode the flying coaster.  I was so scared but it was really fun after that initial free fall!  This isn't really a picture of us, it's just one I got off the internet because my camera died!!

The river below.  It is a fascinating canyon.  We had lunch at the gorge and then headed to the next stop in our adventure...the Sand Dunes.


No comments: