Sunday, September 16, 2012

Summer Time and the Living is Easy!

We all had a Saturday morning free so we packed a lunch and hopped in the car and drove up to the mountains.  We had a really fun hike up at Brainard Lake.  We have lots of fun memories from that lake, from camping trips with ward friends, to picnics with my parents and siblings.  It is a truly beautiful place!


We brought Molly along and she did great...for a little while.  She's getting to be an old lady and several times she just wanted to be carried!


Taking a little rest.

Me and my gal

Another rest for Molly

Some of the beautiful scenery.


Nothing better than getting away from the house and just enjoying nature to bring out the fun side in all of us!

This picture is at our annual 4th of July Breakfast for our ward at Kanemoto Park.  Here's Mike with Dani Prestwich visiting with Doug Altman.  Mike and I went to the annual Longmont Symphony concert in Thompson park at noon, but had to leave because it was just too hot!  We have had the hottest summer in history.  Later in the day, we had dinner with Sharma and Phil Robertson at their house and then Eric, Hannah, and I took the missionaries to see the fireworks in Firestone.  They were cancelled in Longmont this year because of the high fire danger!!

Happy 4th of July!  We got this idea off Pinterest!  Just had to try it!



Summer project--I am the Relief Society Meeting Coordinator aka Enrichment Leader and we were doing a class on painting furniture.  I have wanted to paint this bench for as long as I have had it (a long time) and I finally had the incentive to get it done!  
I like how it turned out!!

We finally got some much needed rain and our creek went from nearly dried up to almost overflowing it's banks.  It was very exciting.  It was high for a few days and then almost overnight, it dropped back to barely moving!  It was fun while it lasted and I was very grateful there wasn't any flooding!




The view of the creek from our bedroom window.  It looked really close!!

No comments: