Does anyone remember Lunette from The Big Comfy Couch??
It has really hit me lately that it's our last year for lots of parenting things--like it's our last year to have a child dress up for Halloween at our house! It's a weird and bittersweet feeling! I'm not sure I'm ready for the empty nest! There are moments when I'm ok with it, such as yesterday I subbed at Hannah's high school and thought how happy I was that we were almost done there! How do kids seriously survive four years of high school? I'm excited for her to move on and live her dreams, but I'm sure gonna miss her! I'm sitting here typing this as tears are starting to well up in my eyes! I love being a mom and it's been the greatest blessing of my life to have such awesome kids and stepkids! I know I will never stop being a mom, but, I have to say, I will definitely miss this stage of my life a lot!
4 comments:
She looks great! I seriously love it. Good job Hannah. I could actually see her acting out the character quite well.
I bet it is scary to go on to that different stage in life. I am sure it will have it's benefits and it's drawbacks. Enjoy the rest of the time you have her at home......you seem to be doing a good job of it so far.
Kendi
I'm glad we have a couple more years of having kids around although it's becoming more real that Emmy will be leaving in the not to distant future...I get sad when I think about it, I can't imagine how you must feel!
Hannah did look cute all dressed up!
Hannah is perfect as the clown from the "Big Comfy Couch". That's really cool that you subbed at Niwot and I can feel some of your empty nesting pain. I know Hannah will do great next year!
Love,
Melecia
awww this post was so sweet and made me a little sad already just thinking about my kids getting old and leaving the house. (that's far off but i am a little overly sentimental...) you're such an awesome mom!
Post a Comment