Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Valentine's and Other Fun Stuff!

Eric went to work last night and I went in to check my email. There was an email notification from BYU saying that they had made a decision about Eric's admission. I texted Eric and asked him if he wanted me to check. First, he said no, that he wanted to check when he got home, but then he couldn't wait and said yes that I could check, print out the response, and bring it in to DQ. I did, and this is him opening his letter. He got accepted and we are all very happy about it. Now he has to choose between BYU and USU! It's a tough choice because there are a lot of pro's to going to either school!! Either way, we get to continue with the Go Blue! tradition!!

Our stake has a great tradition of having a wonderful Valentine's dance every year. They go all out on everything, especially the decorations. This year the theme was, Let's Go to the Hop! It was so much fun. The decorations were fantastic, the music was great, the food was good, and there was a great group of people there!

Our ward was in charge of the foyer. Some of us spent the morning on Saturday blowing up balloons and hanging a false wall. It turned out so cute!

They had a diner set up on one side of the room and served burgers and fries. Then on the other side they had a soda fountain and had old-fashioned rootbeer floats. The gal on the left, Ali Polson, is our stake activity leader and comes up with the great ideas every year! The couple are our good friends from our ward, Kim and Joe Lemieux.

It was a blast! It's the stake event that Mike and I really look forward to and we are never disappointed!

8 comments:

Schumanns said...

Congratulations to Eric and you and Uncle Mike for helping him get there!! What a fun dance! Some day we'll be in a stake that does fun stuff like that....
Love you!
Val

Moore fun in Colorado! said...

I'm really pleased with Eric's maturity about his decision where to go to college. It's pretty nice to be accepted at the big schools and have some scholarship possibilities at all three schools. The dance was really fun. We love to whoop it up!

Dad/Mike

Jenny Moore said...

Your activity looks like a lot of fun!
Congrats to Eric on admissions to both colleges...that's great!

Cierra said...

goooooo eric!! i cast my vote for byu :)

you two are the cutest valentine's around! love the glasses susan!

p.s. i just looked over all your fun holiday posts again and realized i didn't leave any comments...don't know how that happened! just wanted to say i loved them all!

Brandon and Amanda Brady said...

Congrats to Eric! Way to go! Both schools are great, don't think you can go wrong with either. BYU has a way better football team, that is for sure! Don't let that be your deciding factor though. :)

Anonymous said...

We're excited for Eric & his college choices! The dance looks very cute! I also love the new kitten!
Love,
Melecia

The Nannie Family said...

Yay, Eric go to the "Y"
I miss Stake Valentine's dances. It's where we got engaged. We did have a wrd dance, which was fun but not alot of people came.
You guys looked great.

Tyler and Jaimee said...

That looks like such a fun Valentines dance! They really go all out. I like your 50s outfit too!

I am so excited that Eric will be coming to Utah for school! Either way he will have fun they are both good schools. I cant believe he is so grown up!