Wednesday, November 11, 2009

The Wizard Of Oz---Niwot High School, November 5-8, 2009

We had such a fun weekend last weekend! Our high school put on the Wizard of Oz and Eric and Hannah got to be in it! Hannah was cast in multiple roles as a Munchkin, a tree, (a singing, talking, apple throwing tree), and an Emerald City worker. Eric was the Cowardly Lion and when he wasn't that he was a munchkin and a winkie (witches guard). They were awesome and the production was really professional! We were certainly proud of them and the whole cast and production crew.

Joel and Erin came up from Denver to see the show and Tyler, Jaimee, Ryan and Ali came over from Utah to join in the fun too! I think they were all surprised at how great it was and they were super glad they came! We were super glad they came too! It was a lot of fun having them with us.




The design for the program, posters, sweatshirts, t-shirts, etc. was done by an NHS student. Very impressive!



Hannah Munchkin is the furthest one sitting on the floor on the left! This was the only live action picture I took that didn't come out blurry!! I was so sad. We will be getting a DVD and there was a professional photographer there so I'm hoping we will be able to get some great pictures of the show!


The Cowardly Lion and our little tree!


Tin Man (Kevin Wittenburg), Cowardly Lion (Eric), Dorothy (Alex Oliver), and Scarecrow (Morgan Vick)


After the show we went home and met up with Tyler's good buddy, Tyler Albert. He had been at a firefighter training all day and so the kids took turns seeing how fast they could suit up and race down the street and around a basketball pole! It was pretty hilarious! Even Hannah took a turn!


When all the shows were over, Eric and Hannah were a little sad! They are getting over their blues and back into school and all of their other activities! I think they are going to be fine. Hannah can't wait until next year's show! Eric made All State Choir again this year, so he is pretty excited about that! He's also starting his college apps this week!!!

5 comments:

The Nannie Family said...

Congrats to Eric and Hannah on being in the show and doing a great job. It's nice to have family come over to see it.

Moore Family said...

Looks like a pretty nice production and it's cool that Eric and Hannah were able to be so involved. I'll have to watch the DVD when you get it.

Glen

Brandon and Amanda Brady said...

What cute costumes!! I love musicals!! I better Eric did so good as the cowardly lion. And Hannah as her many roles. How fun to have a lot of family come support!

Joel said...

It was really fun to see them both performed and we were really impressed by how well everyone did. Congratulations, again.

Kendi said...

Sounds like a great play. Wish we could have seen it. I bet Eric and Hannah felt very special to be represented by so many people.