Thomas and Roxena

Eric and Hannah participated in our stake's pioneer trek the past couple of days at Martin's Cove just outside of Rawlins, Wyoming. The stake had asked months ago for the kids to represent actual pioneers and better yet ones from their own ancestry. Thanks to all of Mike's hard work on the family genealogy, Eric went as Thomas Cloward, born Dec. 1823 and Hannah went as Roxena Mecham Carter, born Dec. 1830.

Thomas Poulson Cloward

Roxena Mecham Carter

Here are the youth from our ward. They were divided up into two families. Eric and Hannah weren't in the same family, but they did most everything with wards, so they got to spend quite a bit of time together. I'm amazed at how well they get along. It is so great to see Eric watching out for his little sister and Hannah looking up to her big brother.

Eric and Jordan Trane trying to look tough!

Ready, Set, GO!!

What young man doesn't like to chop firewood and build bonfires? I'm sure this was a highlight! Nice split, Eric.

We have had so much rain so far this summer that we were a little nervous that rain might ruin the trek, but it turned out to be a perfect weekend. They had a few sprinkles the first night, but the rest of the trip was dry and not too hot. They were very blessed. It turned out to be a really great experience for all of the kids who went. Both of our kids enjoyed themselves and gained a much greater appreciation for their pioneer ancestors. They were glad to get back home and into hot showers!
4 comments:
That looks like so much fun and what a great experience!
Love ya!
Hannah and Eric look so cute in their pioneer stuff. That looks like a way fun trip! We did something similar to that but it was everyone in our ward and was with our families. I hate to say I dont think I wouldve been a very good pioneer! Its fun for a week though. :) I wanna see some pictures from your Friday night get away!
i never did the pioneer trek and i'm starting to wish i would have...it looks like a great growing experience for everyone involved. (despite the fact that i would probably die of heat stroke or something)
eric and hannah are so cute!
That trek looked like a great experience. They both looked great. I hope Devin gets to do one.
Post a Comment