Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Moore Thanksgiving Fun!

Lots of pictures ahead from a great Thanksgiving Holiday!
Thanksgiving is such a wonderful holiday! The biggest stress is getting all the food on the table at the same time and having it all still be hot. I can handle that kind of stress! We had eleven at our table this year and it was such a fun group. We missed all of our family who couldn't be here and look forward to future fun with them. This is our group from one direction.....

...and this is the group from the other direction. We had delicious food--all the traditional stuff including turkey, stuffing, potatoes and gravy, sweet potatoes, green bean casserole, jello pretzel salad, rolls, cranberry sauce, martinelli's and ??? Did I leave anything out?


Joel and Erin were gracious enough to tackle the dishes! They got a little wet with all the splashing. Just when you think you are done....then everyone wants pie! Oh well, we used paper plates for the pie so that made for easier clean up.

The triptafin (I have no idea how that is spelled) from the turkey setting in.

Everyone was pretty wiped out after all the eating and the morning of football. We actually had two big football games with our group. I think we all had a lot of fun--I was totally enjoying it, so much so that I ignored my bad knee and I'm now suffering the consequences of my youthful playing!! I still think it was worth it!


What would a family gathering be without a lot of music? We enjoyed piano and guitar. We heard a lot of original songs on the guitar by Ryan and Todd.


Some of us enjoyed kicking back and reading a good book.


Lots of time for cuddling.


Of course, the Wii was a lot of fun. Even Molly enjoyed it! Besides the Wii, we also played lots of games like Apples to Apples, Balderdash, Ticket to Ride, and Signs--we had so much fun!


Eric chillin' with Daisy. She's our miracle cat. She lived through her blood clot, but is handicapped. She doesn't have complete use of her back legs so she gets around by walking on the tops of her back feet. Someday I'll have to post a video of her walking--it's pretty amazing.


The girls are ready to go Shopping!!



We had an early Christmas for a couple of our couples! The rest of the family will get their goodies in the mail before too long! Put them under your trees and think of us on Christmas morning.
We thoroughly enjoyed our Thanksgiving break. We are so grateful to have such a wonderful family full of such wonderful, loving people!

9 comments:

Jenny Moore said...

Looks like fun!!!
It's always fun to be with family!!

Paul and Joni said...

We had a great time and felt very relaxed, it was just what we needed. Thanks for feeding us and letting us lie all over your house

Moore Family said...

Thanks for all of the pictures. It looks like everyone had a blast.

You really should post a video of Daisy, that would be cool to see. Poor cat! I am glad to hear that she is better though.

Hopefully we'll get over to visit you soon. Good luck with your mom.

The Nannie Family said...

It looks like a wonderful Thanksgiving. Just relaxing and having fun. Football looked fun. It's always nice to have family around. Dinner looked great.

Tyler and Jaimee said...

Looks like you guys had alot of fun! That dinner sounds delicious! I am jealous you girls had a shopping day and I missed it!
Wish we couldve came hopefully we will be able to come in January!


How is it going with your mom? Is she liking her playdates!?

Ryan and Ali said...

I'm glad that you got a lot of good pictures. Hope you don't mind if i steal a couple.

Thanks again for everything! I love your family, they are all so much fun. It was a really fun group of people this year, but we wish that tyler and jaimee could have made it too. We were just missing them.

Love you guys!

JEREMY AND SARAHLYNN said...

So fun to see all your pictures! I'm glad you had such a fun Thanksgiving. Eric and Hannah are so grown up!

I see your brother-in-law (Brother Nancy Breithwaite) all the time since he works in the young men and I'm with the young women!!

We'll be in CO for Christmas. Hopefully we'll see you!!

Schumanns said...

What a fun Thanksgiving! The festivities looked fun but what else is to be expected with such wonderful people!

Anonymous said...

It sounds and looks like a wonderful time! Cuddling, eating, napping, football, shopping - all the essential elements of a great holiday! I'm glad you had fun together! I'm sorry to hear about Daisy. She's a sweet cat, and I hope she's around a long time!
Love,
Melecia