Thursday, October 2, 2008

Moore Fun in Utah--September 2008

I got to take a little weekend trip to Utah to see some of our kids. I arrived in Salt Lake on Wednesday afternoon and Kendi, Carter, and Bess picked me up! It was so fun to see those sweet, happy, loving children again!!
Carter and Bess are adorable together. They play and laugh and entertain each other so well!

What a couple of darling kids! It was fun visiting with Kendi and Glen too! They have such a warm and friendly home and there's a lot of love there.

Thursday night I got to stay with Tyler and Jaimee in their new apartment in West Jordan. They live really close to the Jordan River Temple. It's a great location and they have made it very homey and adorable with all of their cute decor. I didn't get pictures of Justin's place, but he lives in Draper with a few other guys in a nice home in a family neighborhood. It seems to be a really great location too. We had a lot of fun visiting and eating out at the Texas Roadhouse! Did you know you can get a great meal there for under $10???
Friday night Tyler, Jaimee, and I headed up to Logan to meet up with Ryan, Ali, and Todd. We celebrated Todd's birthday by eating at Costa Vida (just like Cafe Rio--yum!) and then we had a delicious birthday cake that Ali made for Todd. We played Apples to Apples and laughed our heads off! It was a lot of fun. The next few pictures are at Ryan and Ali's cute place.
We got to see Brandon, Amanda, and Nicolas Brady while we were there too. It was our first time seeing Nicolas since he came back from his mission. He looked so great!

The two returned missionaries. They both seem to be adjusting back to "real" life quite well.

Todd's 22nd birthday!

Todd is dating a very nice girl from eastern Oregon. Her name is Kimiko. We had fun getting to know her better. They make a cute couple.
Justin joined us on Saturday for a fun day together. The weather was perfect--in fact, it was hot! The kids had a game of ultimate frisbee and were all sweating like crazy. I decided to be the photographer and sit the game out so that I wouldn't pass out from the heat.



It was a fun day. Jaimee, Ali, and I went to the RS Broadcast. It was really great. We especially liked President Uchtdorf's talk! It was fun to see everyone's homes. Ryan and Ali's first little basement apartment is perfect! They have done a great job of making it just right. They got a lot of really nice wedding presents and have bought a few extra things to make things awesome. Todd is living in a house in the "island." It is being remodeled so it is very nice too. I think all the kids are blessed to have quite nice places to live. I'm so glad that I got to go over and spend time with them so now when I talk to them, I can picture where they are and what they are doing! Thanks all of you for a great time!

7 comments:

Moore fun in Colorado! said...

Those are great pictures of a happy bunch. I'm glad you had such a fine time and can picture our "jewels" in their sweet beginnings.

Love, Mike

The Nannie Family said...

Looks like you have a great family. Their places look nice. I can't believe Todd has a girlfriend already. They all look happy.

Anonymous said...

Look at those darling grandchildren you have!! Thanks for coming and spending some time with us. I know you've got alot of people here now but it's great to see you try to take time for everyone.
Come visit again soon!

Moore Family said...

I know Bess was very happy to get her own Cinderella dress - thank you.

It was nice seeing you, Tyler and Jaime. I didn't know Justin lived in the valley. It will be nice to have more family living close by and I hope to stay in touch. We'll have to have everyone over for dinner or something.

Glen

Cierra said...

oh my goodness, oh my goodness! toddy is a returned-missionary, 22, and now dating?? how did my "little" boy grow up so fast? :) he looks so good and so very happy!

thanks for sharing the pictures of all the cousins and their new places. they all look fabulous. and it's wonderful to see my nicolas too!

Cierra said...

p.s.

adorable new blog look! i love the color of those leaves...(siiiigh, that's one thing hawaii does not have)

Ryan and Ali said...

It really was a fun weekend, i'm really glad you were able to come and see us. It's not often that we will all be together like that. I'm really grateful to be apart of your family!