Sunday, February 3, 2008

Moore Fun in January 2008!!

A couple of weekends ago (Martin Luther King Weekend), Eric and I drove over to Green River, Utah to visit my parents and my brother, Pat and his wife, Kathy. My sister, Kathy and her son, Devin, also drove there from Southern California. They left at 6 am and we left at noon and we arrived within seconds of each other!! We were texting when we were getting close and I said "we are 45 minutes away" and Kathy said "us too." So we raced to get there and literally pulled in at the same time. I thought it was pretty amazing!
These are my nephew, Keith and his wife, Kristi's darling girls, Jocelyn, Eva, and Elise. They all live there in Green River too. We had so much fun with all of them.
Mom and Dad were happy to see us. They are proud of their home, their ward and their little town. They seem very content. Pat and Kathy are doing so much to help them to have a great home and life there. They are doing some really neat things to their home--remodeling the kitchen/family room area (which is turning out beautiful) and also making two small main floor bedrooms into a master bedroom for mom and dad. It is right across from the bathroom and it doesn't involve stairs, so it is perfect! I'm so grateful to Pat and Kathy. We enjoyed being with them so very much.Eric and Devin had a lot of fun together. They hadn't seen each other since the Branson Family Reunion, so it was a fun reunion for the two of them.
Like Kathy said in her blog of this picture, "a Pat sandwich." It was a very nice weekend and I would highly advise going there if and whenever you can. They are such good hosts and make you feel very welcome and loved!!
Hannah was selected by her band teacher to be a part of the All District Middle School Honor Band! It was a very high honor to be chosen. They worked very hard and put on a very outstanding concert at our local Vance Brand Civic Auditorium.
They spent the whole day of the concert practicing with a guest conductor. They missed school and literally practiced from 9 am to 3 pm. Needless to say, our little flutest had sore lips and was exhausted by the end of the evening. We were very proud of her to say the least.
Mitt Romney came to Denver for a Rally on Friday, Feb. 1st. Mike and I and a friend from our ward drove down expecting a crowd of 150 at a Ford Dealership off of I-15 and Evans. Well, there were close to 1500 people!! It was awesome. The excitement was very catching and everyone was cheering and clapping and chanting, "We want Mitt, we want Mitt!" It was very cool! Well, it was actually burning hot and we were packed in like sardines, but it was definitely worth it to be able to see him in person and to hear his great speech on focusing on the family, economy, and the military. It was refreshing to see a candidate who looks and talks with honesty and integrity! Very impressive.
Everyone in the crowd was so happy to see him and to hear him. There was one lady holding a sign that said, "I'm Catholic, I'm Conservative, and I'm for Mitt!"
He is a very personable man and I seriously don't know how anyone could not like him!! Go Mitt!!!!
Grandpa Brady getting into the whole campaign excitement!! Just kidding, but doesn't it look just like him?? He even has that same sports coat!! I'm sure if my dad could've been there he would have been chanting for Mitt right along with the rest of us!!So January was pretty great! I actually snuck through with out getting my usually dose of the January Blues! Let's hope that February brings the same! I hope all is great in 2008!

9 comments:

The Nannie Family said...

It was fun seeing you in Green River. Looks like you had some other fun also. It's great you got to see Mitt in person and hear what he had to say. Tell Hannah congrats, I'm sure she was great.

Chris and Emily said...

Looks like you have been having a lot of fun, from road trips to concerts to political rallies. We are looking forward to Super Tuesday and will be heading to the polls to help Mitt win California. That would be great!

Anonymous said...

Cool pictures! You guys have been busy. Congratulations Hannah.

Anonymous said...

I like you am glad that January is OVER!!!
Sounds like you did some fun things!!
GO MITT!!

Paul and Joni said...

Great job Hannah. Your brother and sister look the same as they did the last time I saw them, I guess your family ages well.

I really think if for some reason Mitt doesn't get the nomination he will be very strong in four years. He shouldn't accept a vice nomination cause McCain won't win, then he can clean up shop after Clinton or Obama has their chance. Reagan lost to the "independent rebuclican" Nixon in 1976, and came back to win in 1980 and we all know how that turned out.

Cierra said...

wonderful to read/see your update!! mima and papa do look very happy and i'm sure kathy and pat were the best hosts ever. (did they make you yummy pancakes with homemade syrup??)

Anonymous said...

I love Hannah's hair, very cute!

Glad to see you got to spend time with your mom and dad.

I was watching the predictions for what states are going to vote for which canidate, and saw that Romney has quite the lead in CO. Pat yourselves on the back because I am sure you have a little piece to do with that.
We can ONLY hope that he gets Calif. They mentioned there has been alot of people that have moved from Calif. to CO so that may be a prediction. We can only hope. It's a bummer to see that most of the news channels have predicted McCain to win already, so it would be quite cool if it is either really close or Mitt runs away with it.
I agree with your logic though Paul. Makes sense, I only hope Mitt decides to not throw in the towel after this election.

Marissa said...

miss you susan! glad to see your posts! hannah is gorgeous...I can't believe she is so grown up!!!

Anonymous said...

I love coming to your blog because it makes me feel like i'm getting to know you. I'm pretty sure you guys are the only ones I haven't met and it's coming up on 5 years of being a Brady. It makes me sad but I can't wait to finaly meet the rest of Tim's family. I guess I shouldn't complain since I only have 2 aunts, 2 uncles, and 4 cousins (counting both sides of my family) and Tim hasn't met most of them. I'm doing pretty good considering there are a couple hundred Bradys and the moores are the only ones I've missed!

Love, Megan

PS-Good Job fellow flutist...keep holding up our good name!!!