Disclaimer: Those of you who view my blog as well as Jenny's will probably see some repeats in pictures from their visit. (I'm hoping Jenny doesn't post any of me in my bathing suit!!)We had a wonderful visit with Jenny and the three darling Moore girls last week! Mike flew over to Salt Lake and drove Jenny and the girls back here to Longmont. Then, on Friday, Steve flew down from Boise and stayed through the weekend. We had such a fun time with all of them.
This is at Union Reservoir. What a great place to take little kids. We floated, swam a little, ate a picnic lunch, played in the sand a little and then floated some more.
Alyssa enjoying a very soft and mushy Oreo cookie!
Lyssa is such a delightful little character! She had a few fears, mainly Molly (the dog), and Eric. She warmed up to Eric, but she screamed a lot whenever Molly walked in the room. Sometimes she would say, "Molly is a nice dog," but mostly it was, "I don't like Molly!!!", accompanied by a lot of hysteria!! I hope she isn't permanently damaged by being around her. I promise Molly was on her best behavior and except for hoping that Lyssa would drop some food for her, she pretty much wanted to stay away from Lyssa as much as Lyssa wanted to
stay away from her!
What would a trip to see us be without going to Rocky Mountain National Park? We drove up into the park to the beautiful Alluevial Fan area. It is a waterfall and rock slide caused by a flood that went through the area in 1982. The flood was caused by a dam that broke. Very i
nteresting and beautiful spot!
Papa, Grandma Susan, and Aunt Hannah with Emmy (10), Meggy (7), a
nd Lyssa (3)!!
The whole gang (well Eric was at tennis practice) in the beautiful Colorado Rockies!
We finished up our Estes visit at the Village Pizza. It was a fun, funny and memorable meal. Steven will always remember his father's toast!!
More on this visit later...



5 comments:
parece muy muy divertido!!
(your spanish homework is to find out what that means)
:)
looks like a ton of fun, sorry Ceejera, didn't want to steal your thunder but that's exactly what I wanted to say. Wish we were there with ya'll, I thought Alyssa hated me the last time I saw her too so don't feel too bad Eric.
Well Eric and that big dog of yours are pretty scary. Poor kid. JK
It looks like your are having a great summer.
How tall is Eric now?
Wow! It looks like you guys kept very busy. You "old" people are going to be worn out by the time we get there!!!!
Oh and ask Eric if I bring my raquet if I can school him in tennis? Ha ha ha ha....that one year of playing in high school just might be to my advantage on the court with him!
Post a Comment