Friday, June 22, 2007

Rocky Mountain National Park


Rocky Mountain National Park
June 22, 2007


We had a beautiful day in the Rocky Mountains on Tuesday!! We piled in the car and 45 minutes later we were in another world. I feel like that every time we go up there--it is just that pretty. I haven't been to Europe, but I imagine it to be like parts of Europe. Someday I hope to see if I am right, but for now I am content to enjoy our mountains right here!!


My parents go home tomorrow and we will miss them. We have had a wonderful two weeks with them here.


Eric, Hannah and I hiked around Bear Lake while Mike hung out in the parking lot with Molly--for some reason pets are restricted to the parking area. He was a good sport. It was very windy, so Mom and Dad opted to wait it out in the car. They were quite comfortable. When we finished up in the Park, we spent some time in Estes Park strolling through the shops on Main Street and finally ending up at Laura's Fudge Shop for ice cream, saltwater taffy, caramel apples, and of course 3 different kinds of fudge!! What a perfect ending to a perfect Colorado Rocky day.


Hey, sports fans---how about those Rockies???? They swept the Yankees here in Denver this week!! Three games--three wins! We got to see them last weekend when they beat Tampa Bay, but the Yankees games were all sold out!! We hope to go see them play again soon. Go Rockies!!

6 comments:

Paul and Joni said...

You never really think about how many people travel across the globe just to visit the Rocky mtns, and you live just a short drive away. Thats good you guys visit because it is so easy to take advantage of always being near cool places but never going to them. I have been following the Rockies, its pretty cool, they are due a good season this year.

The Nannie Family said...

That is one thing I miss about Colorado, is the mountains. It is so pretty. Glad you had fun with mom & dad.
Love, Kathy

Anonymous said...

Looks like fun. I'm glad that you had fun with your mom and dad. Will you see them again before summer is over? It was good to see them when we were in New York.

Anonymous said...

Those pictures bring back the Colorado memories! I'm so glad you had a good time with your parents! Love the one of Eric & Hannah! It sounds like you are making the most wonderful summer!
Love,
Melecia

Anonymous said...

Rocky Mountain National Park is one of my favorite places. We've had some good times there!
I'm glad there are still beautiful places left untouched to visit!

Vallente said...

I remember the Rockies being beautiful when I was there for 2000 family reunion. Still is!