Monday, May 28, 2007

Memorial Day Fun







A new bike! Woo hoo!


Happy Memorial Day to Everyone! I got a wonderful surprise before we went on our fun family bike ride---a brand new bike!!! I had been wanting a "Cruiser" bike so that I wouldn't have to bend over the handle bars and also so that I'd have a nice comfy seat and I got one for an early birthday present. I am so thrilled! It is the perfect bike for "cruising" around Longmont!

Longmont has bike trails that take us all over the place and we don't have to cross any main, busy streets. It runs along the river a lot of the way and it is really beautiful.
The bike path ended at this waterfall in Golden Ponds. There were lots of families out enjoying the beautiful day. Lots of bike riders, walkers, and fishermen.


I thought this was a pretty view of Longs Peak. It was part of the scenery along the way.

We stopped for smoothies at "IntaJuice" and then rode back home. We had a wonderful time.
Hope you all have a nice Memorial Day too!

7 comments:

Paul and Joni said...

Looks like fun, That cruiser looks like an old classic car or something, you should give it a name. I wish we had our bikes here.

Moore Family said...

I didn't know that Longmont had a bike trail. That sounds like a lot of fun. Exactly where is Golden pold? It rings a bell.

The Nannie Family said...

Looks like fun. Happy birthday.

Moore fun in Colorado! said...

Paul, The bike has a name right on the side of it, "Daisy." It's pretty cute!

Moore Family said...

I want a bike with a name!
Looks like fun. Actually I really do want a bike. Steve suggested that I go garage saling for one, I just don't seem to find the good garage sales.
Happy birthday!!!
Kendi

Joel said...

The cruiser looks really fun. I've commuted with a series of old bikes, but never a new-old style bike. They are pretty nice. I think city bike trails are the greatest, let's you see your hometown in a totally different way.

Marissa said...

That is the cutest Bike I have ever seen!!! Soooo jealous! You need to bring it next time you come so we can cruise downtown! :)