Thursday, February 9, 2023

Quick Trip to Tyler's, Livi, and Longmont, Corn Belly's, October 2022

 I was asked to teach a Relief Society activity class in our old ward in Colorado on decorating tips that don't cost a lot of money.  Well, that's kind of my specialty since I don't like spending a lot of money but I do like having a cute house that looks like I spent a lot of money!  I decided since I was going to be going over there anyway, I would combine it with a visit to Tyler's family.  It was such a fun weekend with them and the class was pretty cool.  I really enjoyed teaching it and got a really nice response and turnout.  So great to see so many old friends.

It was fun watching Tucker play tackle football!



Always lots of music!


Tyler and Kelci announced that they are having a boy due April 16!


Beautiful drive in the mountains where Tyler and Kelci practiced some shooting.

After a fun weekend with Tyler's family, I drove to Longmont (Tyler loaned me a car) but stopped in Denver on the way and had lunch with our darling, granddaughter, Livi.  We had a really nice visit and she told me all about her journey to become a registered Dietician.  


When I got to Longmont, I stopped and had a really nice visit with our old neighbors, Sue and Gene Thoele.  I said hello to Gene and Sue and I had a great chat.  I also stopped by and had a long visit with Amy Rakestraw.  I love and miss our Longmont friends.  They are and always will be an important part of our lives and our history.

Our Springs Place Home

I stayed with Katherine and Stuart Snow while I was in Longmont.  Katherine was the one who asked me to teach the class.  She helped me with advertising, getting set up, and she made a lot of wonderful pumpkin based refreshments.  There were about 25 women who came.  I knew most but there were a few new faces.  



The day of the class, I met a few friends for lunch at Las Palmeras Mexican restaurant in Longmont.  So fun catching up with my girlfriends.  Unfortunately, I didn't take a picture. I headed home the next day.  I met Tyler and Kelci at the airport and gave them their keys back.  They were actually heading to Las Vegas for a little vacation so the timing worked out well.  I love little getaways like this one was for me.

Some gorgeous Fall color on my flight back to SLC

One of my friends from the MTC works for CornBelly's which is a Halloween/Fall carnival type attraction at Thanksgiving Point that they do every year.  She gave me free tickets and I took Violet and we met Todd's family there.  Kimiko's niece, Corin and her family were there too.






Kind of a fun place but so so crowded.  It was a little stressful for me to try to keep track of Violet but it all worked out and all the kids had a blast!

No comments: