Here we are below at the parade with some of our fellow senior missionaries!
You can't see him very well, but there in the front seat passenger side, is the Acting President of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles for our church, President M. Russell Ballard.
The Mormon Battalion
The Handcart Pioneers
The Parade Royalty. Our sweet friend from our Boston Mission, Rachel Roy was part of the royalty. She was really happy and surprised when she saw us!
Our Alma Maters; BYU and University of Utah
I think the float below was made by Hannah and Chase's stake, the Murray North Stake.
It was a pretty cool parade! We had the day off but it was really too hot to do much outdoors. I drove down to Lehi and met Eric for lunch at the Zao Asian Bistro. Yummy! Mike and I went to see Mama Mia II. We enjoyed the movie and loved the cool theater!
Saturday, July 28, 1990, Mike and I were married in Denver, Colorado! Yesterday, also a Saturday, we celebrated our 28th anniversary! We kind of thought of it as our golden anniversary since it was 28 years on the 28th! We had a wonderful day together. We started out by having brunch with Hannah, Chase and Violet at the Roots Cafe in Midvale. It was delicious and attached to a fun antique store that we loved poking around in.
On the way back to our apartment we stopped and looked at a couple of Open Houses, just cuz we love to look at houses and stopped to see Brigham Young's grave. It's a beautiful little pioneer park where he and a few of his family members are buried.
Then later in the afternoon, we went to see the new Mission Impossible movie, "Fallout." It was action packed from the opening credits to the closing credits! Loved it. Again, we certainly enjoyed the cool theater! I love this view from outside the movie theater at The Gateway in SLC. I always love seeing this when we come out.
For our special dinner, we went to the Log Haven Restaurant in Mill Creek Canyon. It was so beautiful up there and we had a wonderful time and a delicious meal. I feel so blessed that I have been married to Mike for these 28 years! We have certainly had our share of challenges, but I wouldn't want to have gone through them with anyone else but him. We have had a lot of fun and many grand adventures along the way as well and I couldn't have a better traveling buddy than him to go through this life and eternity with. Thanks Mike Moore for the memories and the love!
After dinner, we drove up the canyon a little bit further and took a little walk by the Mill Creek.
Here are some of the conclusions I've come up with from the many thoughts I've had this week: We have a little time on this earth and we need to make the most out of it. We need to find the silver lining in every cloud. We need to help everyone on this side of the veil and the other to find peace on earth and in the life to come through the Savior Jesus Christ. A little bit of kindness goes a long way. A smile makes almost everyone feel a little better. We are all responsible for making this world a better place and today is the day to start doing our part!
Have a beautiful week! You are loved!
1 comment:
Happy Anniversary! I haven't forgotten about getting together. Life is just crazy busy this summer. I just got back from Seattle and Victoria, Canada with my mom, sister, and my brother's family. Maybe we can get together in a few weeks. looks like you had another great week!
Post a Comment