Our zone leader, Sister Seiter, quoted the definition of "The Spirit of Elijah" from the "Intro to Family History Teacher's Manual: Religion 261 (2012), as "being the Holy Ghost as His directing influence guides those who participate in family history and temple work.
We believe the Holy Ghost or the Spirit of Elijah is a real and present influence in our mission. We feel it in small and simple ways and sometimes in very big ways in pushing the work of the Lord forward on this side and the other side of the veil.
This week I was working on my own family history and came across some records on Ancestry.com that I wanted to save to my Family Search account. Mike and I took a class a couple of week ago on how to do that and so I took out my handout and followed it step by step and was able to save some very valuable records to my account. Doing it a couple of times helped jog my memory on how to do it without my cheat sheet and it was a lot of fun. Well, just a a couple of hours later, a sister that I have been training came back to the training room and asked me if I could come out and help a couple from France save some records to Family Search from Ancestry!! I was thrilled that I could help them and that I actually knew what I was doing!! Coincidence that I had just reviewed that very skill that morning? I don't think so. I think that it was the Holy Ghost helping me so that I could help the guests of the library! Every morning we pray that we will be able to help people and that we will know the answers to the questions that people have. We are getting better at it each week!
This week we went to the newly renovated Jordan River Temple with our dear friends, Even and Barbara Madsen. It was so beautiful and a special experience for us all. We had lunch together afterwards at the Corner Bakery in the Fashion Place Mall.
Also this week, we were returning to the library after eating lunch in the Church Office Building (COB) and we ran into our sweet friend, Priscilla, from our ward in Brazil! It was a very sweet reunion with her. We actually ran into her again later in the week in the COB! Small world in the church and on Temple Square! She was here working on a translation project and was returning to Brazil on Monday.
The weather has been so nice that I have tried to take advantage of walking in the evenings. One night this week, I walked up and around the State Capitol and really took notice of this beautiful and unusual LDS meetinghouse.
We had dinner on Friday night at our friend, Faye Wade's house in Bountiful. She and Mike went to school together in Jr. High and High School, and later her she and her husband and family lived in our ward in Longmont for about 3 years. Her husband died of cancer while they lived there and so she moved back to Utah to be close to family. We have stayed in touch all these years. She is a lovely, beautiful woman and we love her dearly.
Our cute little pup, Addie, turned three yesterday so we had a little birthday party for her today. Hannah got her a pupcake and we got her a new chew toy and a leash. The highlight was going to Memory Grove and meeting about 20 new dog friends! It's pretty safe to say she had a nice birthday. We are so grateful to Hannah and Chase for taking such good care of her while we serve our mission. Another added blessing to our being here now, is getting to see her and spend time with her regularly. She's a darling little pet and we love her to pieces!
Did you ever notice that blueberries have perfect stars on them? Every one!! I was so happy to make this discovery and just wanted to share it with my friends and loved ones... make it a great week. Make somebody happy and be kind to yourself and everyone around you!
No comments:
Post a Comment