Sunday, December 10, 2017

Week #20, Sao Paulo, December 4-10, 2017

This week was devoted to "Light the World" and I've been trying hard to do something special for someone every day.  My most special and inspired day this week was Day 7, "Suffer the little children to come unto me." Mark 10:14.  I wanted to do something for children and who better for me to think of than our grandchildren.  We made little notes for each family and had our picture taken holding the notes and then texted them to our kids and asked them to print them and give them to each grandchild so they could feel close to us at this special time of year.


This one was for Hannah and Chase who have our sweet puppy, Addie, and for their upcoming baby girl!



Justin sent this back and said, "I made it better!" They all seemed to like it. I would love to see some pictures of the grandkids holding the pictures we sent! 😘😘

We went out on Sunday afternoon to visit a family from our ward. When we stepped outside it was sprinkling and I thought we should go get our umbrellas! Mike thought we would be fine so we ventured out. We found the house (walking) and no one was there and it started pouring!! We took cover under some trees and waited it out! We got pretty wet but it was a fun little adventure!! Lesson learned--always bring an umbrella!








The rain brings the jungle to the city! It truly is beautiful!  All around us are little displays of Christmas. Nothing like we are used to in the States but it is still wonderful and we love it!



We hope you are Lighting the World in your own wonderful ways! Have a glorious week and make someone happy!  The Lord will help you to succeed in this and in every righteous endeavor you take on! Enjoy!


Day 10 was about the scriptures and I shared one of my favorites on social media which was also the scripture we chose for our mission plaque for our Boston Mission:



This scripture means everything to me because with the Lord's help we really can do all things!!


No comments: