Sunday, April 9, 2017

House updo! September 2016

Ever since we moved into our cute cottage on the creek, I have wanted to paint our cabinetry white!  We decided to go for it and it turned out so beautifully!  We also painted the walls in the main living area, kitchen, dining room, office, guest bedroom and two main floor bathrooms.

Before:













Inspiration:















 I saved the above picture because that is about the color of our current backsplash and it looked okay with the new white, black and gray look, but ultimately we decided to go with painting the backsplash white and are so happy we did!  The look is exactly what I wanted!  It was a genius idea to paint it rather than tearing it out and replacing it!  It looks marvelous and it was a fraction of the cost!

We decided to go with BM Super White for the cabinets and built ins, Sherwin-Williams Repose Gray for the walls in the kitchen, dining, living areas, Mindful Gray for the office and guest room and BM Kendall Charcoal for the living room accent wall and the powder bathroom off the kitchen.  Love, love, love!!

During:







Choosing paint is the hardest thing in the decorating world to do!!  I looked at so many shades of gray and searched Pinterest and looked at houses and painted numerous samples on walls and poster boards and finally decided!  I am so thrilled with all of our choices!  The house looks fresh and up to date!























THE BIG REVEAL:









 I inserted these two pictures so you can see just how much better the backsplash looks painted white rather than leaving it as it was.  It was ok, but painted is so much better!


















 We also decided to replace our master bathroom tile with Carerra marble!  It is stunning!







And that's a wrap!  Can't wait to take on our next fixer-upper, Haha!! So fun to create beautiful spaces.

No comments: