For my birthday, Eric bought me and himself tickets to go to BYU's Stadium of Fire and the main performer was Tim McGraw! I flew into Salt Lake on Friday afternoon, July 1, and Eric picked me up after his work. I got to stay until Sunday evening, July 3, when I flew back to Denver.
I stayed at Hannah and Chase's new apartment. They weren't living there yet so I had the place to myself. It's such a cute apartment. Saturday was a big day! Eric, Adam (his roommate) and I climbed the Y! It was one of the hardest hikes I have ever been on! Way harder than it looks. It was a big accomplishment and I'm glad that I pushed myself and made it to the top!
By then we were so hot that we took a dip in the pool at Eric's apartment, the Riviera. It was so refreshing.
We got cleaned up and headed to the stadium for the big event. It was so much fun!
Elder Jeffrey Holland gave the opening prayer! How cool is that?
I can't remember who these singers were but they were great! It was very patriotic and they honored a member of our military who had been a prisoner of war and he was there that night! Very emotional moment for all of us.
The whole show was amazing, but of course, Tim McGraw was my favorite! He didn't play nearly long enough but we sang along to every song he sang. The evening ended with an incredible fireworks display. We loved it. The whole weekend was a blast. Thanks Eric and Mike for making it all possible!
No comments:
Post a Comment