Saturday, March 7, 2015

San Antonio, Texas, January 27-February 2

While we were in Boston and when I thought Hannah was coming home on Wednesday, January 21, I booked us tickets for San Antonio so we could meet Claire as soon as possible after we got back and got Hannah back!  I didn't realize that Hannah was actually getting home on Friday, the 23rd, and I was asking her to get back on a plane just 4 days later!

Oh well, it worked out fine and we had a fun trip to see Justin and Ryan and their darling families.  They say it's good to keep newly returned missionaries busy, right?  Well, we did just that.  We hardly gave her a chance to unpack and get a good night's sleep before we packed her up again.  Her first couple of weeks home proved to be a whirlwind of travel.  I'm sad we didn't get her at home a little longer to ourselves, but this is the way it unfolded!




We were thrilled to finally meet darling, little Claire Olivia Griffith!  She was born on July 10th, in Texas, while we were driving across the country to begin our mission in Boston.  She is such a sweet, gentle, tender little baby girl.  We instantly fell in love with her!

We also got to celebrate Ryan's 30th birthday with him while we were down there!




We had a lot of fun at the local park just playing with the girls!





Mike, Hannah and I took advantage of having the San Antonio Temple just a few minutes away and spent a morning there.  It is such a beautiful place and it was so wonderful to be there with our brand newly returned missionary daughter.


For Ryan's birthday, besides going out to dinner with everyone, he wanted to check out a new golf place in San Antonio called Top Golf.  It turned out to be a lot of fun.  We all enjoyed ourselves.  You don't have to be a super golfer to have fun there!




Auntie Hannah brought the girls cute purses from Brazil:



Cute little matchy cousins!

We got to be there for the Super Bowl so we made our favorite treats and had a little party!  My friend, Kym Hall, came down from Austin with her granddaughter, Scarlett.  The girls all had a great time together and Kym and I had a great time visiting and catching up on each other's lives.  She is such a great friend and always makes time to come visit me when I am in San Antonio.




I leave you with these two shots of Claire.  We are so glad we got to meet her and have such a wonderful visit with a couple of our kids and their families.  We appreciate them so much for all they did to make our visit just right!


This is Claire with her blankie that I made for her.  Love those sweet little fingers poking through!

1 comment:

The Nannie Family said...

It is awesome you could meet Claire and visit with family and friends. It looked fun.