Sunday, July 17, 2011

Youth Conference, June 16-18, 2011

Our stake youth conference this year was in a beautiful spot up in the mountains west of Ft. Collins near the Ben DeLaTour boy scout camp.  Hannah went up with our ward and had a wonderful time.  Mike and I got to go up for ward night and we spent the night at this fun resort just a few minutes away.  We got up there early in the afternoon on Friday and had a nice lunch in the restaurant at the resort and then went on a nice hike around their property.  We went up to the youth camp just before dinner.  They had a nice dinner, a special musical fireside, and then we got to be a part of our ward testimony meeting.  We have such awesome young people in our ward!  It was such a blessing for us to be there with them.  Mike was the bishopric representative and I got to tag along.  What a special spirit there was in that camp.  We loved being there!  Saturday morning after a nice breakfast at our lodge, we went back to the camp to help transport the kids back to Longmont!  It was a very primitive camping experience, but I think it was a lot of fun and very spiritually uplifting for our kids.

Some of the beauties of nature on our hike.

The rivers are so high this year with all of the winter snow and now all of the summer rain!  It was so beautiful.  I love the mountains so much.

Hannah and her new friend, Taylor, had a great time!


3 comments:

Paul and Joni said...

Beautiful pictures! It makes us miss Colorado seeing those. Camping is the best, glad you had fun :)

Joni

The Nannie Family said...

It sounded like a great YC and a great time for you. Colorado is beautiful.

Paul and Joni said...

I told Joni the other day I miss Colorado, sometimes it just happens, such a cool place...plus you guys and Joel and Erin are there so makes it even better. Miss you all.