Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Grandbaby Sophie Grace Griffith is here!

Several people have already blogged about Sophie, but I have to have her on my blog! Sophie Grace Griffith was born at 1:12 pm on Monday, April 19th, 2010. She weighed 6 lbs. 8 oz. and was 19 1/2 inches long. Her mommy, Jaimee, had a great pregnancy and delivery and everyone is thrilled to have her here!

One day old Sophie with her Grandma! I just couldn't wait to see her--my friend Carol Sessions was driving over to help get her kids home from BYU and offered to take me over. I decided at 6 am on Tuesday morning to hop in her car and at 8 am we were on our way. By 4:30, I was sitting in the hospital room holding my new grandbaby. I am so happy!

My son, Tyler, with his brand new baby daughter. I am so proud of him. He is a darling daddy and adores his little girl so much. He talked to her a lot through Jaimee's tummy all during her pregnancy and you can really tell. Sophie responds to her daddy's voice and loves him already.


Jaimee is such a natural mommy. She was so happy and relieved to get little Sophie here. She did such a great job and we are all so proud of her!

Such a perfect little face!

Family pictures!


Grandma and Sophie

Daddy and his little girl

I got lucky with this shot. I just love the way she curled her fingers together all by herself.
Welcome to the world, baby girl. We love you and are so happy you are here!

4 comments:

Jenny Moore said...

What a perfect, sweet little face!
Congrats to all of you on this new arrival.

Cierra said...

awww so glad you got to go and meet little sophie! she is picture perfect in every way! i wanna snuggle her. jaimee and tyler look like overjoyed, natural parents. so cute.

The Nannie Family said...

What a sweet baby. The picture with her hands together is great.Glad you got to go over there and meet her

Anonymous said...

She is really beautiful, and I know Tyler and Jamiee are going to be wonderful parents. I love that pretty pink rose on her head! I would have done the same thing - gotten over there however I could, to see my grandbaby! Congratulations!
We love you,
Melecia