Saturday, September 6, 2008

...and the WINNER of the 2008 Potato Derby is.....

Our ward held it's Second Annual Adult Potato Derby tonight and Mike's plain ole undecorated spud one 1st Place and was undefeated in about 8 races!! He was thrilled to say the least!

The winning tater! Not much to look at, but boy could this baby roll!

My sweet, little Michael Phelps Olympic Potato Racer! He must have been worn out from the 8 medals in Beiijing because he could barely make it down the track tonight!! Oh well, he looked good and that counts for something!



We had a really good time and got to eat some yummy pie for our reward for our racing efforts!

5 comments:

The Nannie Family said...

Looks fun. I'll have to tell the activity committee about that one. Great potato. Who would of thunk that a plain ole spud would win.
Congrats Mike.

We want reception pictures.

Kim said...

I've never heard of that...so funny.

Anonymous said...

How fun does that look? That might be a good idea for Glen's Elders Quorum party coming up in the next weeks.
Why are you wearing a sweater and Mike a long shirt? Has cold weather hit you guys already? I am not ready quite yet for it!

Congrats to Mike on his winnings.

Paul and Joni said...

Hahaha...I can only picture him being so excited for winning...and taking a nap while everyone else was decoracting theirs. I want pie.

Moore fun in Colorado! said...

I was so excited I couldn't sleep. I hope all nine of my sons (or stepsons) note that there is a chance the old man can win the derby even if their pinewood derby cars were usually last.

har, har.

FMM